As part of Conair (UK) Ltd’s ongoing quality programme, all personnel are given the skills necessary to keep pace with the relevant legislative and technical changes which affect our industry.
To achieve this goal we utilise recognised training courses, as well as specific courses provided by various equipment manufacturers and in-house training and workshops.
Training to meet current legislation covers the following:
- Safe handling of CFC refrigerant. All Refrigeration Engineers are in possession of relevant registrations including FGAS.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) All operatives have awareness training and an introduction to COSHH regulations.
- Asbestos – All operatives possess current Asbestos Awareness Training and Certification.
- Control of Legionella. All operatives receive basic in-house training during which they are made aware of the conditions under which bacilli Propagate, together with the basic instruction in measures which prevent the formation of Legionella.
- All operatives certifying gas appliances are trained in the latest codes of practice and are “GAS SAFE” registered (formerly CORGI) with regular A.C.O.P.S updates.
- All operatives undertaking electrical works are trained to the 17th edition I.E.E regulations.
- All personnel tasked with the building and signing off of Mobile Scaffold Towers are PASMA Certified.
- All Supervisory Staff are in possession of CITB SSSTS (Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme) qualifications.
- All operatives have regular assessments and when required, additional training.
Additionally, all personnel working within railway environments are fully certified to the operational standards required by the train operating or infrastructure company.